Interesting

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bautista top five in the MotoGP Silverstone 2011


Rizla Suzuki Álvaro Bautista equal best result in MotoGP today by taking a bold and confident fifth in rain-soaked Silverstone in England.
 

Bautista got a good start and ride with the front runners in the first few corners, but the amount of spray coming off the tracks - because all the water standing - inhibit the vision and at the end of the first lap he had consolidated his ninth place starting position. As the race to develop the Spanish entry into smooth and consistent rhythm in dangerous conditions and produced a personal best lap which is comparable to a podium position. Bautista moved on the ground with some neat passing and benefit from other riders crashing on the slippery surface. With a few laps remaining he has settled in to a comfortable position and continue his Rizla Suzuki GSV-R up to take him safely at home to fifth place and well deserved.
 

The rain began to fall at Silverstone from early this morning, but bad weather hit 72,544 fans to witness another victory ruled by Casey Stoner on the Honda, the results that raised him to the top of the World Championship standings.
Rizla Suzuki now has the weekend off before heading to Assen in the Netherlands for the Dutch TT on Saturday 25 June.
 

Álvaro Bautista:
 

"Surely I am very happy today, because we have been able to finish the weekend with very satisfactory results. I must say thank you to my team, they have so much passion for what they do and have helped me return to my maximum level . With all their help, this has become the first race that I have been able to feel the competitive since my injury and my limit is closer than I had all season - so thanks very much to all of them! In my warm wet feeling very strong and has a good feedback from the whole package, so I feel confident for this afternoon. The race was important to make a good start, I did that and I think I was probably the fifth or sixth, but it is difficult to see because I threw a lot of other riders and I can not see too much and must drop back a little. I tried to get into a good rhythm and as the race wore on I started to ride more comfortable. I saw that several riders fall because all the water which made it very difficult, but I just continue and do things yourself. I should have plenty of feeling with the brake and gas because it's really very difficult conditions and by the end I saw that Valentino tried to catch me. I pushed a bit more and started to close on Nicky, but he replied and continued to divide, but on when I was improved in Valentino and I then just wanted to finish. Fifth is a good result and now I can not wait to get to the next race and have the same level of trust and feelings -! If not better "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Interesting